Wednesday, January 21, 2015

In the beginning...

This blog is dedicated to my journey through Student Teaching in a Rural Elementary.  I will be posting ideas, experiences, and resources I find during my 15 (16 really) weeks of student teaching to be available for anyone interested.  I am in my final semester of a duel endorsement degree in Childhood/Elementary Education and Special Education K-12.

I am currently placed in a 5th grade math class, which is just up my alley.  This is the age group that I enjoy interacting with the most because of their want to learn, their curiosity, and their level of independence.  So far it is going very well.

I am three weeks in so far, (started a week early, which I would suggest for any student teacher), and fitting in comfortably. I will be teaching my first official lesson under observation tomorrow, and feel comfortable enough to have confidence it will go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment