Tuesday, February 3, 2015

What an Amazing Feeling!!

Today I was going to observe in another classroom as per a requirement of my Student Teaching (actually not necessary for 6 more weeks, but wanted to get my checklist finished), and my cooperating teacher seemed saddened.  She expressed that she wanted my help in the classroom with the subject matter that was about to begin.  She extended this with that my presence within the classroom has seemed to help many of the students that she has had trouble reaching.  This was amazing.

I was wanted in her classroom.  I was making a difference.

The best part, it was simply because I was being me.  I was doing what I would in any other classroom, from the resource rooms I have worked in as a paraeducator, to the classrooms I have worked in in the same roles.

I felt like I was doing what I am supposed to be doing.

The feeling is truly intoxicating and empowering.  It brought a spring to my step and solidified that the stresses and sacrifices I have made over the last few years has been worth it, and I can make it through this and be a great teacher.

A great teacher!  All it takes some times is making that connection to that one hard to reach student, the chance to change one life, that lets you know that you are doing the right thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment